Women’s Body Measurements Guide and Kit
Thank you for your purchase and welcome to your step by step guide to measuring your body for the perfect fit. With the help of our guide below you will be able to submit the necessary body measurements to make your custom fit jeans in 3 easy steps. And remember, your D&H Virtual Tailor is always on standby to help with any questions or issues at email@example.com or by booking a zoom call here (remember to always include your order# in your inquiry). Let’s get started.
STEP 1. Getting Setup
Let’s get you setup to take your measurements in less than 5 minutes. Here are a few helpful tips to follow.
- Use a loose measuring tape, It’s usually called sewing tape or tailoring tape (not carpenter tape). If you don’t have one handy, you can print our free measuring tape here and follow the instructions on how to assemble it. The video below is a helpful guide to assembling your printed measuring tape.
- Measure using the beginning of the tape and keep it firm.
- Wear fitted clothing when taking the measurements i.e. briefs, tights, yoga pants, leggings, jeggings, cycling shorts, etc. and take your measurements with your shoes off.
- Measure your body accurately. Do not make any additions or subtractions to your body measurements.
- Do not provide any measurements from any of your garments. Those are typically mass produced and not tailored to your exact body.
- Feel free to have a friend or relative help you take your body measurements. Or take each other’s measurements.
- Remember to write down your measurements as you measure. You will need to submit them later.
- Let’s start measuring!
STEP 2. Taking Measurements
It is important to measure your body accurately. Based on the fit and style selected our highly skilled tailors will make the appropriate adjustments as needed. Click on a numbered body measurement to see instructions and a video of how to measure. When you are finished with one measurement simply go on to the next. And remember, our D&H Virtual Tailors are always on standby to help with any questions or issues at firstname.lastname@example.org (remember to include your order# on all inquiries). Have fun!
Begin by firmly placing the tape measure around the area where you want your jeans to rest. This is where you will wear your jeans. So if you ordered low-rise jeans, your low-rise sits below your hip bone. Measure this circumference if you ordered low-rise jeans. If you ordered mid-rise jeans, the mid-rise sits above your hip bone. Measure this circumference if you ordered mid-rise jeans. If you ordered high-rise jeans, your high-rise sits below your navel. Measure this circumference if you ordered high-rise jeans. While measuring, position the tape very close to the body without tightening.
Stand with your heels together in front of a mirror if you can. Measure around the fullest part of your hips and buttocks by positioning the tape measure close to the body without tightening.
Measure the circumference of your thigh at the widest point of the thigh just below the buttocks and crotch keeping the tape measure close to the body without tightening.
Measure the circumference of your knee over the knee cap at the widest point of the knee by placing the tape measure close to the body without tightening.
Measure the circumference of your calf at the widest point of the calf by placing the tape measure close to the body without tightening.
Measure the circumference around the ankle just above the ball of your ankle by placing the tape measure close to the body without tightening.
Inseam to Knee
First start at your front crotch just inside your upper inner thigh. This is your starting point. Measure down the side of your inner leg from your crotch. Keep the tape parallel to the inside of your leg and let it flow free to the floor. Measure down to your knee, parallel to your kneecap.
First start at your front crotch just inside your upper inner thigh. This is your starting point. Measure down the side of your inner leg from your crotch. Keep the tape parallel to the inside of your leg and let it flow free to the floor. Measure down to the bottom of your foot where your foot touches the floor. If needed follow the tape with your hand down to your knee and then continue down the remaining of your leg.
STEP 3. Submitting Measurements
Once you have completed all 8 body measurements, click on the “submit measurements” button below. You will be directed to “My Account” page. Click on the “My Measurements” tab. This is where you will enter your measurements. Once you submit your measurements we will check them. If there are any issues, one of our D&H Virtual Tailors will contact you. Now get ready for your perfect fit jeans!